GAMOPAT
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

My Portable Collection(Hospital Room)-just received a high honor

+5
Paradis
tilou
kinski
Ostermi
Linda
9 participants

My Portable Collection(Hospital Room)-just received a high honor Empty My Portable Collection(Hospital Room)-just received a high honor

Message par Linda Jeu 8 Juil 2021 - 1:32

I received final confirmation that I will be in the next book for Guinness World Records later this year! Here is an article and one video. 

The GWR article:
https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2021/7/gaming-collector-shatters-two-records-with-thousands-of-vintage-systems-666670

The snapchat video:

https://story.snapchat.com/p/1c67371c-9326-46de-a853-37932cbdd1cd/1143654156380160
It works in a browser, but it is bit choppy. In SnapChat it flows beautifully.
Linda
Linda
Patient en incubation

Féminin Nombre de messages : 17

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

My Portable Collection(Hospital Room)-just received a high honor Empty Re: My Portable Collection(Hospital Room)-just received a high honor

Message par Ostermi Jeu 8 Juil 2021 - 9:11

Wah this is amazing !
Ostermi
Ostermi
Patient en incubation

Masculin Nombre de messages : 85

My Portable Collection(Hospital Room)-just received a high honor Empty Re: My Portable Collection(Hospital Room)-just received a high honor

Message par kinski Jeu 8 Juil 2021 - 9:36

Hail to the Queen !
kinski
kinski
Patient contaminé

Masculin Nombre de messages : 508

Message par tilou Jeu 8 Juil 2021 - 9:37

it's just great !
and very good condition
tilou
tilou
Infirmier

Masculin Nombre de messages : 4851

Message par Paradis Jeu 8 Juil 2021 - 9:53

Bravo Linda sunny
Paradis
Paradis
Docteur *
Docteur *

Autre / Ne pas divulguer Nombre de messages : 18974

Linda offre 1 suppo à ce post!

Message par Horizon Jeu 8 Juil 2021 - 10:24

Congratulations  Wink
This is very pleasant to look at !
Horizon
Horizon
Patient contaminé

Masculin Nombre de messages : 729

Message par Linda Ven 9 Juil 2021 - 3:03

Thanks Everyone. I'm so excited.
Guinness World Records posted one more video this morning. If you like it, please don't forget to share it. Can't wait for the book to be published later this year. 

Guinness World Records YouTube channel – different version  https://youtu.be/cCX7-jtj1cA

Linda
Linda
Patient en incubation

Paradis offre 1 suppo à ce post!

Message par perfectneo Ven 9 Juil 2021 - 8:25

Hi Linda,

Your collection is sick!! The video in your game room was flabbergasting....!!!! It's truly awesome, thank you very much for sharing this with us. amoureux
perfectneo
perfectneo
Docteur agrégé **
Docteur agrégé **

Masculin Nombre de messages : 22918

Message par retroactionman Ven 9 Juil 2021 - 8:38

cheers cheers cheers cheers amoureux
retroactionman
retroactionman
Infirmier

Masculin Nombre de messages : 3039

Message par gasteropodekiller Ven 9 Juil 2021 - 9:10

That is an incredible collection !

It's awesome how many systems you own, and furthermore most are boxed and in excellent condition.

You said that you became an Electronic engineer in a result to your passion and due to repairing on your own
very first electronic game you received when you were a kid.

Maybe you can provide us some wisdom on how to repair and maintain some specific systems ?
gasteropodekiller
gasteropodekiller
Guéri miraculeux

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2927

Message par Linda Sam 10 Juil 2021 - 0:48

Eric, vintage systems for sure.  The circuitry is simple and it’s usually about making sure you get the correct voltage at the battery terminals.  I’m sure you are aware the that first step is making sure the battery terminal are clean and replacing them if necessary.  A solder gun is a must for cracked, broken or cold solder joints. When games partially work I always look for cold solder joints.
For me Resistors are the easiest components to determine if they are not working properly, so I usually start there.  If you actually have schematics its so much easier.  I also cheat and try to find the same game in working condition to I take measurements across each component and compare values. 
If it has an old chip you may be out of luck, except if it has Texas Instrument’s components because we have been manufacturing chips for decades and I usually find old schematics or drop in replacements.  I’ve provided old Texas Instruments schematics to people in other gaming forums.  I had to use our internal TI network to find an engineer who actually worked on the chip, but it was great to help.  Anything I can do to help just ask.

The newer stuff you are on your own.  The scale and complexity is ridiculous.  However, if it has a TI chip I may be able to find a contact to help you.  :blush:
Linda
Linda
Patient en incubation